Each year, thousands of unsuspecting pedestrians are struck and injured by careless motorists. Rather obviously, when pedestrians are involved in accidents, the outcome is frequently severe. If you or a loved one was injured by a careless motorist while simply walking to work, in a parking lot, or while crossing the road, you can depend on a seasoned California pedestrian accident lawyer from the Law Offices of Allister R. Liao to fight for the compensation you deserve.
Do I Need to Hire a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer?
There are several benefits to hiring an attorney who can represent you throughout the duration of the injury claims process. To start, your attorney can ensure you’re organized, file all necessary paperwork on your behalf, and ensure you meet all relevant deadlines, such as the statute of limitations for filing your claim. Additionally, your attorney can negotiate with insurance companies to try and work out a favorable settlement. Finally, if the insurance company refuses to compromise and take your case seriously, your lawyer can take your case to trial and fight for the entire compensation to which you are entitled.
How Do Pedestrian Accidents Happen?
Everyone sharing the road is required to follow the various laws and regulations in place designed to keep us all safe. Unfortunately, both pedestrians and motorists sometimes ignore these rules, and people are injured as a result. That said, pedestrian accidents are most commonly attributed to driver negligence or other unsafe road conditions. Some of the most common causes of pedestrian accidents are as follows:
- Making turns without checking for pedestrians
- Failing to yield the right-of-way to pedestrians crossing the road
- Speeding through intersections
- Texting while driving, or otherwise driving while distracted
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Ignoring stop signs or traffic lights
- Poor road conditions, such as those caused by inclement weather conditions, making a motorist lose control of their vehicle
- Negligent signage or fading crosswalks
After a Pedestrian Accident
From the moment your accident happens, you should do what you can to receive immediate medical treatment and document the accident and its aftermath. Just some of the actions you should take are as follows:
- Call the police and request medical treatment.
- Take pictures of the scene of the accident.
- Acquire witness contact information.
- Keep copies of all medical records regarding your injuries.
- Hire a knowledgeable pedestrian accident lawyer who can help you gather and present all evidence needed to satisfy the burden of proof and recover the compensation you need to heal.
Contact a CA Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Today
If you or a loved one has been harmed as a pedestrian due to no fault of your own, don’t stand idly by when you can speak with a skilled pedestrian accident lawyer who is ready to fight for your rights. Contact the Law Offices of Allister R. Liao to schedule your free initial consultation with our seasoned legal team today.