Every auto accident has the potential to upend a person’s life. Unfortunately, a significant portion of these accidents do, in fact, have significant physical, financial, and emotional impacts on victims’ lives. That said, if you were recently injured in an accident and the other driver took off afterward, our San Mateo County hit & run accident lawyer is here to help. Contact the Law Offices of Allister R. Liao today to learn more about these accidents and how our firm can help you pursue the compensation you deserve and need to heal.
Hit & Run Accident Lawyer | Here for Victims & Their Families
Whenever someone is involved in an accident, the responsible thing to do is pull over and await the arrival of law enforcement and emergency services. Unfortunately, there are times when people will crash and quickly flee. Typically, they’ll do so because they are either uninsured or under the influence of drugs/alcohol and don’t want to get caught. Though fleeing the scene of an accident is both illegal and irresponsible, many people still do so. If you were hurt and the other driver fled, our San Mateo County, California motor vehicle accident lawyer is here to assist you.
How Can The Law Offices of Allister R. Liao Help After a Hit & Run Accident?
There are several things our legal team can do to get you the compensation you need after a hit & run accident. Just some of the ways we can help are as follows:
- Since the other driver fled, we’ll likely need to track them down. We can do so by interviewing witnesses or emergency services, reviewing traffic cameras, or even hiring a private investigator, if necessary.
- We can work to obtain all other evidence pertaining to your crash. We can also hire outside experts, such as medical experts or accident reconstruction experts, to help prove your claim and the extent of the damages you’ve sustained.
- We can ensure your claim meets all necessary deadlines.
- We can negotiate with insurance companies for the maximum settlement on your behalf, even if we need to go through your uninsured motorist coverage policy.
- If we feel that you are being offered an inadequate settlement, we can take your case to trial and fight for the full compensation you deserve.
Recoverable Damages in a Hit & Run Accident Claim
As long as your claim is successful, we should recover compensation to help you cope with the economic and non-economic damages you’ve incurred as a result of your accident. Just some examples of recoverable damages include:
- Pain and suffering
- The cost of medical care
- The loss of enjoyment of life
- Lost past and future wages
- Loss of consortium
- Emotional trauma or anguish
Contact a Hit & Run Accident Lawyer Today
The bottom line is that victims of hit & run accidents have a steadfast legal advocate they can depend on in the Law Offices of Allister R. Liao. If you’ve been hurt and you need a team to fight for you, contact us today to schedule your free initial consultation. We’re here to get the justice you deserve.